How much should I weigh?
Is a common enquiry on Google? People are very anxious about their health as well as look.
You body weight is determined by your diet and physical activity. Depending on height, weight, age and activity level, each person’s daily calorie or energy needs are totally different from one another.
What is obesity?
A world-wide misconception about body mass is your height and weight is directly proportional and the calorie each one need to take is same, to boost the bodily functions.
But that’s not true!
Body mass and body weight are totally different!
Two men with same height and age may have different body weight. If one is an athlete, he is likely to have more weight because of muscle mass and large bone structure. And the weight is ideal for him.
A person is considered medically obese if the body weight is more than 20% over the desirable body weight for his or her age, sex, height and body build. Best diagnosis and treatments are available at the Best Ayurvedic Treatment in Kerala.
What causes it?
Overconsumption and lazy lifestyle is the main reasons behind obesity.
- Genetics (If a child is born to obese parents, he/she is more prone to obese in future)
- Medical conditions and certain medications ( certain type of thyroid, PCOD and steroid medicines cause obesity)
- Poor quality of sleep (late night appetites)
- Added sugar
- Lack of physical activity
- Addiction to Junk food (super-sized burgers and fries/ fast food)
- Eating excess calories
- Sedentary life style
Am I sedentary?
A sedentary person
- does not take between 20 and 30 minutes to exercise at least once a week
- Possesses a job that keeps him inactive.
Symptoms of obesity
Check if you have these symptoms, if you have, don’t hesitate to come to the Ayurvedic Resorts in Kerala.
- Large body frame
- Breast region adiposity
- Big belly
- Fat in the upper arms and thighs
- Difficulty in doing physical activities
- Joint pain
- Trouble sleeping
- Skin problem caused by moisture that accumulates in the folds of your skin
Side-effects of Obesity
- High blood pressure
- Coronary artery disease in adulthood
- certain types of cancer
- pre-mature death
Why Ayurveda is good for you. Find your answer at Best Ayurvedic Center in Kerala.
- Consume more “good” fat: Intake of healthy dietary fats will reduce the obesity-risk.
- Have less processed and sugary foods: Sugar is the “white poison” which will damage the pancreatic activities result in diabetes. They are appetizers which encourage overeating.
- Eat more servings of vegetables and fruits
- Engage in regular aerobic activity
- Incorporate a weight training regimen
- Focus on reducing daily stress
These are prevention methods. What about the person who is already obese?????
A good diet and physical activity?
A person who is already obese, may have toxins in his/her body due to overconsumption. If he/she is diseased, they are obese because of certain medical conditions and medications.
Find out the root cause is somewhat mandatory. If it is due overeating, cleansing of the body and burning out the fat in natural way is mandatory. It can be done only through Ayurveda. No other medical treatment method offers such cleansing of the body. Before going through any kind of treatment, you have to prepare your mind. Ayurveda aims at the harmonious relation between body, mind and soul. No treatment and no diet will be beneficial, if you fail to create this realation balanced.
If it is through some medical condition or medications, Ayurveda will treat it well along with making your whole system healthy and restore like never before. When allopathy make “Do/Die” choice before us, Ayurveda will definitely do some magic on our body.
There is no question of being obese again. That is the problem people are facing, once they might have reduce the weight, but keeping it up is impossible.
Try the magic of Ayurveda!